Birmingham City University has a School of Jewellery which is located on Vittoria Street in the Jewellery quarter. It offers full-time and part-time courses in a range of subjects.
Part-time courses include enamelling, hand engraving, jewellery, silversmithing and stone setting.
Full-time courses include:
- BA (Honours) Jewellery and Silversmithing
- BA (Honours) Jewellery and Silversmithing – Design for Industry
- MA Jewellery, Silversmithing and Related Products
- Gemmological Association Diploma
- Gemmological Association Diamond Diploma
- HND Design Crafts
- British Horological Institute Certificates
- HND Horology
- HND Gemmology
- HND Jewellery and Silversmithing
A new course is available from The University of Lincoln called BA (Hons) Jewellery & Object and starts in September 2010.
The course is full-time for 3 years and is aimed at the following careers:
- Jewellery Designer
- Jewellery Artist
- Accessories Designer
- Marketing / Promotion
- Art Education
- Museum Services
- Gallery Work