It’s finally happened, one of my best friends is getting married.
The dress code is morning dress (black or grey) with beautifully tailored waistcoats for which we are all being measured. Several of our group don’t always manage to appear in a coordinated fashion. This list of handy hints should mean we all look like perfection.
1. Plain white shirts are preferred with just an inch of cuff appearing.
2. Cufflinks should be relevant to the groom. He enjoys rugby, red hot chillies, surfing and kept a pet tortoise for a while as a boy until it escaped into a neighbours field and munched its way through several acres of lettuce.
3. Handkerchiefs should be linen and neatly pressed. Cotton are too big and silk is cheating.
4. There is a debate about cravats or ties and we’ve opted for cravats in the agreed colour to tone in with the bridesmaids.
5. Socks should be grey or black as the yellow and red loud brigade don’t cut the mustard.
6. Black patent leather lace up shoes are the order of the day. Sorry, but slip-ons are for girls.
7. Top Hats are essential for the photo when we throw them in the air, around the bride, for a pleasant memory for the bride’s mother, before the best man’s speech…
What’s your best wedding memory that we can print?