During the build-up to Christmas, I find myself becoming the leading authority on the best gifts to buy for men and I’m often inundated with requests for advice from female friends and relatives. Over the years I’ve noticed that despite the various tips, hints and useful suggestions, that I generously hand out in order to enrich the Christmas stockings of my fellow gentlemen, I always seem to end up with a pile of socks, jumpers and questionable ties (even if they are designer labels!).
This year I have decided to compile my very own gift guide in the hope that it will help the well-meaning women who are buying gifts for their partners, friends and relatives this year. So before wandering into a shop and buying more gifts that will inexplicably fall behind dressers, disappear into the recesses of a wardrobe or never make it out of their original packaging, please take note!
Cufflinks, I think, are the only gifts worth buying and there is a pair for every personality, passion and interest. You’ll never be stuck for great gift ideas again!
Here is a short list of great gift cufflinks for Christmas,
- For the stylish gentlemen, these White Gold Onyx Cufflinks with a Diamond Border will look great with double cuff and French cuff shirts & stylish suits.
- Instead of buying that 25-year old whisky gift set, get these 18-carat yellow gold crystal enamelled whisky glass cufflinks with a cigar shaped fitting. Guaranteed to last a lot longer than the bottle!
- For the hunters, some gold enamel pheasant head cufflinks would make the perfect accessory to wear with any Purdey.
- If you are looking for a gift for a golfer, a pair of Golf Club cufflinks would be ideal.
- Or if you know someone who is a bit of an adventurer, let them discover some silver Hermit Crab Cufflinks beneath the Christmas tree.