It’s almost time to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II!
I’m very much looking forward to spending the bank holiday weekend at various garden parties with friends, sampling the finest English wines and eating gorgeous home made cakes.
I’ve even been asked to devise a fun quiz for the neighbourhood street party, we’re going to do it in the style of a pub quiz but all of the questions are about Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Here’s a short version of my test for all of you cufflink connoisseurs out there reading these blog posts! Answers welcome, please either comment below or on the Deakin & Francis facebook page. (Sorry there are no points or prizes- just the satisfaction of being a winner!) So get your royal thinking caps on and see how many you can answer without the aid of the internet…
1. In what year was Queen Elizabeth II born?
2. Who was Queen Elizabeth II’s father?
3. What was the Queen’s royal yacht called? And for a bonus point, in what year was the yacht decommissioned?
4. When is the Queen’s actual birthday?
5. How many popes have there been during the Queen’s reign?
6. What was the name of the Queen’s first corgi?
And a final bonus question: Can you name all 12 of the prime ministers that the Queen has given regular audience to throughout her 60 year reign?
The answers will be posted after the Jubilee weekend. Good luck!